Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Goals, thoughts, and purposes

Hey just as my first blog post I would like to kind of set the goals/thoughts that led to this. I've had the tremendous opportunities over the last few years to participate in several very good, very interesting, and very thought provoking discussions with friends, pastors, professors, and family regarding faith, religion, life, and the way we think. I've also, since moving out of my parents' house, been reading several theological blogs and getting into (quite often pointless) discussions with people of other faiths, including atheists, catholics, methodists, baptists, and agnostics. However, the majority of these people are at least a decade or so older than myself and that kinda skews things. I just thought that I'd maybe open up my own blog, if possible, and open it up primarily to people of my age group so to speak. I'm not pretending to be an expert in apologetics. While I enjoy it and find it fascinating, I haven't studied it nearly enough to truly be considered an expert. However, I would like to have open and honest discussions with other people my own age or near it on topics such as abortion, homosexuality, the core tenants of the Christian faith, the historical veracity of the Gospel accounts and other similar topics. If anyone has a topic they'd like to discuss, please just email me and if it seems reasonable, we'll do it.

Some rules first before we really get started. Keep it friendly and respectful. I will kick you out/off if you get nasty or start name calling or the like. When possible, cite sources. Try to keep an open mind. However, if there's something you just feel like you dogmatically need to stick by, that's fine, just state that and be respectful and hopefully others will do the same. See the first rule I mentioned in regards to if they don't. Otherwise, have fun, be thoughtful, and enjoy yourselves hopefully.

I'll hopefully post a topic by the weekend, thoughts and suggestions for first topic are welcome just email me at mm478@evansville.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment