Monday, September 16, 2013

Catechism, Orthodoxy, and Core Beliefs

In an effort to boost participation here's my idea for my next post. I'll post the core Lutheran theology based upon Luther's small catechism and Scripture. In other words, I'll do my best to post the basic core tenants of Lutheran belief in short and in hopefully basic enough terms for everyone else to understand. In return, it'd be great for all of you to post the core tenant beliefs of your church whether that be a strictly outlined denomination/synod, or something more amorphous. Either way, please try to stay away from the "I feels" and such, preferably stick to clearly explained or held beliefs of your church body.

My thinking is once we do that, assuming we get more than my Lutheran post, we can move on to questions, or comments, again staying respectful, regarding the beliefs of other groups. Thoughts, comments, concerns, or suggestions are of course welcome as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment